Sommaire de la recette
- 1 Cooking peas from dry cap to saffron.
- 2 Dressage – Tasting of dry cape peas with saffron.
Cooking peas from dry cap to saffron.
Equipement en cuisine :
- pressure cooker
- Cooking pot
Liste des produits utilisés pour cette recette :
- 1 kilo of cape peas
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1 branch of fresh thyme
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- 1 good pinch of salt
Instructions – préparation de la recette :
Recipe Cooking peas dry cap saffron fingertips
- The preparation of this succulent Reunion specialty is done in 5 steps that you must strictly respect. To make this recipe successful, you must:
Guide preparation of Cooking dry peas from Cape to Saffron step by step
- Soak the peas the day before in a pressure cooker, covering with a large volume of water.
- the next day cook the cape peas in your pressure cooker, lower the heat after boiling and cook for 1 hour 30 minutes to finish cooking.
- Then peel the cloves of garlic and crush them, cut the onion into thin slices and chop, you wash the branch of thyme.
- And then, in a Dutch oven, put the sunflower oil to heat then stir in the chopped onion for a few minutes and add the crushed garlic, stir and mix well then add the saffron mix well and without waiting for the cape peas cooked on the spices stir all, incorporate the sprig of thyme and salt.
- Finally, let reduce slowly, stirring occasionally. If you do not have enough juice you can add a little water.
- Soak the peas the day before in a pot the day before, cooking will be easier and less long.
Recipe Cooking peas from dry cap to saffron or how to cook peas from the cap simply ?
First of all, Cape Pea is a dry grain that comes mainly from Madagascar, but it is also grown in Reunion Island.
Then, the pea is excellent for the health since it has a high content of iron and that its fibers facilitate the intestinal transit and regulates the rate of sugar in the blood.
Cape pea is essential in Reunion Island. It will be served with rice for a rougail of sausages or a chicken curry for example.
In addition, Cape beans belong to the bean family.
Dressage – Tasting of dry cape peas with saffron.
In addition, it is advisable to taste this recipe of the pea of the cap accompanied by a rice (Basmati) and a chicken curry even, of a sausage rougail accompanied by a bottle of red Corsican wine.
Finally, and you! Do you prepare Cape Pea at home ? Do you have a special recipe ?
Today the recipe is: Cooking Cape Dried Peas.
Recipe: Successfully cooking peas from Cape to Saffron, how to cook Cape Peas.
Feel free to use the comments to tell us what you think of this recipe.
- First, good tasting.
- Then share this article using the social networks buttons.
- And then, see you soon for other culinary discoveries …