Sommaire de la recette
- 1 Daube darling (chayotte) – Reunionese recipe
- 2 Daube chayotte
- 3 Tasting of the stew
Daube darling (chayotte) – Reunionese recipe
Equipement en cuisine :
- Cooking pot
Liste des produits utilisés pour cette recette :
Ingredients for the recipe :
- 4 Scrunchies or Christophines
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 pinch of salt, pepper
- 1 fillet of olive oil
- a little Thyme
Instructions – préparation de la recette :
Darling darling with your fingertips :
- The elaboration of this delicious recipe daube darbe is done in 3 stages that you must strictly respect.To make this recipe successful, you must:
Guide Preparation of the darling darling step by step:
- Peel the darlings (chayote or christophine) under the water, slice them lengthwise, put them in a Dutch oven, add the chopped onion and the crushed garlic, the Thyme, the pinch of salt, the pinch of pepper then add a little water.
- Cook over medium heat after boiling
- At the end of cooking add the oil and extinguish the heat.
This recipe: the daube darling is very simple in its realization and inexpensive.
We have the opportunity to prepare a brede with the young shoots of this plant.
The Chouchou (chayote or christophine) is the name given to it by the inhabitants of Reunion or Mauritius.
The darling is also called chayote or christophine.
We eat it in stew or au gratin, possibly stuffing it in the same way as zucchini.
Tasting of the stew
Note that the darling can be eaten in different ways, we can accommodate darling in the same way as zucchini
gratin without béchamel,
in cold salad after cooking it’s excellent too,
or in darling ravioli.
In Reunion Island, the darling is mainly eaten raw or gratin.
And you, you eat them as the darlings. To answer, feel free to use the comments to reveal your recipe.
The recipe today is: the stew
How to make a Chayote stew? Recipe proposed by: Édith.
Feel free to use the comments to tell us what you think of this recipe.
- On the one hand, good tasting.
- Then share this article using the social networks buttons.
- And then, see you soon for other culinary discoveries …